Wednesday, December 28, 2005

WOW- I hadn't realized it had been so long since I posted. It was a great Christmas and although my pain is still making me grumpy, I got plenty of rest and things seem to be improving. I spent the holiday at my mom's and I didn't have my computer, then I lost my cell phone so...I didn't get a chance to call or write to friends and wish them a happy holiday. I'll be catching up and writing an update since many of my emails from friends are requesting an update. The only thing to really report is that I have to go to Boston twice a week during the immediate post-surgery time. All my tests indicate that the kidney is doind well. I still have some swelling over the kidney, you can actually see the outline of it under my skin. Of course I am one to panic but I guess rejection is not a big deal with the kidney- they just give you a boatload of steriods. My labwork indicated that I might be dehydrated, but it could also be something else. My creatinine, a measure of how well the kidney was doing, was creeping up, however, my level this week was awesome .8 on a scale ranging from .5 to 1.4. I don't want to tell you what it used to be (over 6) when I was in need of dialysis. Apparently, if they have questions about your kidney, they do a biopsy. Hmmm... Doesn't look like we'll have to cross that bridge right now. I'll write more later. Happy New Year.

No comments: