Wednesday, April 26, 2006

First let me note that my divorce is final- the 90 days have passed and that chapter of my life is over. A new chapter is starting and despite those who caution me about taking things too quickly, I want to say that I am keeping that in the front of my mind as things progress- progress nicely.With Mandy home this weekend, and the girls around, not to mention the Rushforth seal of dis/approval, we will certainly get a new perspective. I am thinking of taking Heather to see my nephew Jude tomorrow at Anne's and bringing Kevin to meet the Balboni side.

I am dogsitting Scooter and Carrie isn't really talking to me, just to my mother, but I guess she is still having me watch the pooch out of necessity. I will bring him home when I am at school but he likes rides in the car and playing Heather and Detroit Joe Puppa.

I started the next six week session at Northeastern and although I was trying to hussle to get it done, last session killed me and I missed more classes than I wanted due to exhaustion. So I dropped to two and dropped my masters project online this summer. There's no reason I can't graduate in the Fall. I was going to find a part-time job, but as the evaluation period begins for the pancreas transplant, more and more time will be spent dealing with medical issues. Perhaps I will see if there are any lecturer positions at the local campuses.

In other news, I have been invited to speak for the Massachusetts Respiratory Therapists in September- a paid gig. Whohoo! That's what I would love to do. My first assignment in my Strategic Leadership class is to write an autobiography. Maybe this will kickstart progrressing with my book.
more later....

No comments: