Thursday, February 01, 2007


Dear Friends,
It is with a great amount of honor and pride that I introduce Mrs. Hillary Stern and Miss Avery Stern, the family of Brett, my kidney donor. I often think of them, and I know many of my blog readers do as well, so now I can share them with you! I have received many inquiries about Avery: you'll be glad to know that she is a beautiful (as you can see), happy 3 and a half year old, busy with swimming, dancing and school! Since Heather has come into my life, I have often thought of Avery and how she was doing, knowing that they are about the same age. Are they doing the same things?
As I discussed with my mom recently, we questioned if the timing was right to check in with the Stern family. Hillary actually contacted me for an update. December 1oth was my 1 year kidney transplant anniversary and I wondered whether or not it was appropriate to contact her around the holidays. Thankfully, she found me! I am grateful to have this connection since so much of my recovery was spent reflecting on the joys and blessings of my life, so far. I have much more living to do!

Gosh! Where has January gone? I have been really focusing on school since this is my last required class! I am not sure whether or not I will walk at Northeastern (Saturday, May 5th), but my attention is already set on my next challenge- the Doctorate in Law and Policy. I have been preparing my personal statement wondering is this too personal? Will my personal statement make me unique or make me look like a drama queen (that I am)? In any event it has helped me get back into the creative process of reflecting and writing.

Still really having insomnia problems...
until next time...

No comments: