Saturday, May 12, 2007

Today is a great day! I am here at work checking my email when I see a message from Northeastern, my alma mater for my Master of Science in Leadership with a concentration in Nonprofit Management, diploma to be mailed, as of May 5th. But this message contains a CONGRATUALTIONS header. That's right- I have been accepted into the "highly selective Law and Policy Doctoral Program" - woo hoo! It continues to say (from the program director), " I look forward to your participation in our unique scholarly knowledge creation and professional skill development adventure" OOOH a scholarly adventure, my favorite kind, as I have never been very outdoorsy.

I really fell like my work towards this degree will be life changing as I have selected to pursue a concentration in helath care policy, paying careful attention to issues related to organ donation, allocation, ethics, financing, etc. I feel that I will be the voice for both recipients and donor families. I can't wait to see the crop of colleagues I will be networking with, as the program is a cohort type.

Phew!

A very special Mother's Day to all my friends with children or children in utero. Not to mention my own very special MOM and step MOM and second MOM's like Mrs. Rushforth and My Russian Mom and NANA. AND to all those specials MOM's that have passed on. May they all be remembered for their sacrifices: past, present and future!

I am,
Jill

3 comments:

Doug W said...

Congratulations! You never cease to amaze me...

-D

Sus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.