Friday, October 14, 2005

It has been raining here for more than a week. I am home from the hospital and am physically recovered from the colonoscopies, though mentally, its a different story. I still haven't been to see my nephew because I have been under this horrible weather, but I hope I'll be up to it this weekend. I have custody of my mom's digital camera so I'll be able to post some picutres of the boy. My stomach is a little better, though it still has flare ups and episodes. My sleeping pattern is skewed because of the weird hospital schedule. The only thing I have accomplished this week was a haircut- I cut a little fringe of bangs, which was like most of my actions, was completely impulsive and random, but the results are not bad. I'll post a picutre of them as soon as I look good enough to be seen on the web. Unfortunately, my friend Jenn is back from her world travels and adventurous life in Espana. Her dad took a turn for the worse- though she seems ready to accept that he is likely succombing to the wrath of cancer, her family seems less likely to see the end of him and more like to be spending the moment in denial. I think tha tmakes things worse later on. But nonetheless, I keep the family in my prayers and don't give up faith because God knows I've been in the position where recovery seems impossible as well and things have turned out for the best. You never know where the soul can summon strenght from in moments of challenge. I wish it was easier to take my own advice sometimes, isntead of me getting caught up in my own pity party.

The picture reveals that Fall is here, even with all the rain.

No comments: