Monday, October 03, 2005

Once again, my blog of yesterday and the events that were erased the day before disappeared in my attempt to publish. In summary: the doctors have tried a new drug IVIG, intravenous immunoglobulin, to bump up my immune system which is nonexistant from the antirejection drugs. They are still not sure what the route is to cure this stomach issue. I had a consult with the vascular surgeon to create a fistula for dialysis access. I had a GI consult and it looks like tomorrow I will have some sort of scope shoved up my ass. Dialysis was particularly rough today- they are very aggressive here and took off 6.something kilos (1 kilo=2.2lbs). They won't disconnect you from the machine so I had to use a bed pan twice. I thought I was going to fall out of the bed because I was weak from the treatment trying to balance on the pot. I had to then wait a full hour for transport to come bring me to my room. I actually would have waited longer but the secretary, a very nice lady, decided to take me herself. She then asked if she could pray for me- not one to turn down a blessing she prayed for me and told me that I had to be strong to get through this because god had plans for me. That was meaningful to hear from a stranger and then I tried to stay awake for the soaps. No good- I zonked out. I talked to my mom and she put the dog on the phone, which is pathetic but exemplary of how terribly I miss the dog. No talk of when I'll get home- soon I hope.

No comments: