Sunday, August 14, 2005

I haven't posted much this week. My computer has been at my mom's house, where I was visiting since my stepdad was out of town. I was showing my grandfather a little about the internet. A whole new world to someone in his 70s but I appreciate his wanting to learn something new. I gave him my old laptop, but it is so out of date and broken that it just confused him more.
This weekend was nothing interesting, this week actually. My stomach bug is back, I had a viral load drawn on Friday to see what to do next. I can't take another episode like the ones in March and April. Detroit has a hurt paw that he keep licking- he too, got to go to the doctor's and got medicine 80 bucks later. poor puppa. I'm supposed to go into the city tomorrow am for two appointments but I can barely get out of bed right now so i don't think its going to happen. The good news is that my thoracic surgeon said it would be okay fromt heir standpoint to have my chest reconstructed- now I go see a plastic surgeon in a couple of weeks.
My brother Chris called me this week to thank me for going to his wedding. I am really glad to have taken the risk to try and mend fences with him. He has really grown up- I think he needs me almost as much as I need him.
Carrie and I started cleaning her room last night with my well honed organizing skills, but she ate too much and ran out of steam. I think she was in a lot of pain, but she had a shake today and recognizes that she did it to herself. Still looking for a kidney. But the shitty thing is, even if I had a kidney right now, because I have this infection I would have to wait. Going online tonight to research airline tickets and dialysis units for homecoming- something to look forward to.

No comments: