Tuesday, August 02, 2005



So this week has been hectic and I have neglected my blog. Mandy got married on Saturday and was in town all week, so I was trying to be as useful as possible to help her get ready for her day. The festivities included a luncheon, a beauty day, the rehearsal and dinner, the wedding and a brunch, which I ened up missing. As luck would have it, my stomach was on the fritz, perhaps because I still have some CMV left in my colon. My viral load came back slightly elevated. I'll have to have it repeated. Anyway, I made a quick mental note of the location of therestrooms, and became friendly with the portopotties at the reception. They were the cleanest I have ever come across (until I wass done with them- hehehe).
The wedding was beautiful and easily Plymouth;s social event of the year. Mandy as beaming and Ted's smile lit up the room. Both sets of parents were spilling over with pride. I had a blast with the bridesmaids: Kate and Cyn, of course, Meredith and Davey's wife Stephanie, who I would have never imagined could be so much fun. I was a little disappointed that my feet were swollen. Dialysis that morning didn't fair so well and I had to get off early because of my stomach upset. But I kept my shoes on the longest and didn't let that keep me from dancing up a storm. Darryl and my mom also danced the night away and had plenty to drink. Darryl was the funniest I think I have ever seen him.
I got a great boost of confidence by the compliments I got after I toasted the couple. I had some idea of the general theme but I kind of just spoke from the heart. One of their friends from San Diego remarked that if toasts were like vaults, I was Mary Lou Retton and I nailed it. That was original and good for my ego since I have been a little blue. Considering my health status, I think I looked pretty good, in the pictures I have at least.
Well, the love search continues. Not even really a love search, more like a longing for a companion. Back to match. It seems Steve would prefer to be friends. I think I may have insulted his Camaro or Revere, but a cliche is a cliche and it was good practice.
Next weekend is my brother Chris' wedding and I was invited to the rehearsal surprisingly enough. I'm glad they wanted me to be a part of it. Carrie is in Florida so I am staying at my mom's for company. There was a huge lightening storm last night and I lost my electricity. I didn't like being by myself with no phone or lights. Maybe I am a whimp but since all of my medical emergencies have been at night, I get wicked anxious. My sleep has been better- still not really motivated to do anything. Just waiting for school to begin again and hoping I'll get approved for financial aid so I can go.
More tomorrow...

No comments: