Sunday, January 15, 2006

Hello. I guess that it works out to be every four days that I remember and actually make time to blog. Since I last wrote I have been busy adjusting to a normal life. Still haven't quite gotten to writing my thank you notes, finishing my mom's Christmas gift of a scrapbook or writing my update for Kara (it's coming, I promise).
On Friday, I had my typical kidney clinic and I got an increasingly clean bill of health. I was warned, though, not to eat a pound of salami in one sitting. I'll admit, after not being able to eat it while on dialysis because of the swelling effects on my body, now being able to process salt- I have been indulgent. I am allowed to have two salty items per week- max. If next Friday is the same, than I can switch to every other week. It was Friday the thirteenth and I was worried that something bad was going to happen. Thankfully, I was wrong. Then I went to Jenn Cross' dad's wake at Cartmell's, home of the amazing mints, of which I stole a pocketful- in typical fashion. I went with Alison and met Shelley, her sister. I saw my aunt Suzy and uncle Tommy there, as well as Alison Longden. Jenn seems relieved and looks at peace. I couldn't get over how old and mature her brothers look. I was very worried about what place her mother would have since they were divorced and he was in another relationship, but I was glad that she was there, she belonged there. Jenn and I hopefully will connect before she heads back to Espana to reclaim her life. I wish the conditions were better but, I am so happy that she is doing so well besides the circumstances.
It was great to see so many people. Most of my recovery has been solitary and I haven't felt up to reconnecting. I got a lot of compliments on how healthy I look and I was happy to report how well I was doing. It gave me a great boost in confidence and makes all the pain and effort worthwhile.
Kelli Belfatto is here this weekend (see pictures). We went to watch the Patriots game at the BBC this weekend. (It was 50 degrees Saturday and 15 degrees today by the way.) I am glad that I am actually able to do things- better than the last time Kelbel visited and I was in the ICU. During the day we went out for coffee and toured the shops at 5 and Kohl's. It's great to find stores that you don't have at home- Kelbel agreed. This morning we went to the Water Street cafe for breakfast. I actually got up both days before noon and made time for a little nappypoo in the afternoon.
With all this new energy I have signed up for two classes at Northeastern: Fundamentals of Fundraising and Managing Organizational Culture. I have been approved for financial aid and hopefully, it will cover the tuition for the rest of the program. I think I will be able to graduate with an MS in Leadership of Nonprofit Organizations by 2007. It is great that Northeastern has classes about every 6 weeks. It is a pace I enjoy. Hoping there are more guys in the class next quarter.

No comments: