Wednesday, January 11, 2006


It's been a little over a month since I got my kidney and the adjustment is going well. I am doing more and more. Like today, I took my car Ava the Avalon to the MALL! Yeah- that's right the mall. You know things are looking up when I can make it to the mall on my own. My next exploit is tomorrow. I plan to drive into Boston (45miles give or take for those unfamiliar) for an appointment at the lung transplant clinic. The lungs, not to be neglected, are fabulous so I will be showing off a bit and plan to wear something with sparkles. I wasn't quite this spunky all day. I do seem to be more alive at night. Probably because I slept all day. I planned to go to lunch with Courtney, but as I normally do, had to cancel because of severe stomach distress and pain. Oh the pain. I try to ignore it although my doc says not to be a martyr. I get this from Saced Heart when I would go to the nurse in elementary school and even though I was feverish and coughing up a lung I would be told to "struggle through"- TRAUMA FLASHBACK. okay, back to the present. My stomach problems have subsided substantially since I added more enzymes, but I still have flare ups. Today was one such day. The last thing I wanted to do was leave my house even though I longed to see my very pregnant lifelong friend. Court, I'll make it up to you I promise.
I also have a poop load of thank you notes and correspondence to catch up on. I am very thankful and blessed to have so many people love me, please be patient. I'm sure you understand and there is really no reason to beat myself up over it. But if you would like to publicly chastise me- please post.
I didn't make any resolutions this new year, but I think I have finally committed myself after 6.5 years to write my memoirs. I am putting out a request for quips, stories, memories, that you have of me, especially those related to me bouncing back in some way. I think this will be the theme of my writing. It is an opportunity for you to be included for all times. Until next time...

No comments: