Thursday, July 28, 2005

It's been a couple fo days since I've written, but I have had a lot of my mind. First, I got pulled voer for running a stop sign in downtown Plymouth. Basically, I stopped for the tourist pedestrians that pranced into traffic, but I did a rolling stop at the sign. I got a written warning, no big woop, but come to find out, my Florida license was coming up as invald. So yesterday I dealt with the fiasco that is the Registry of Motor Vehicles.
I'd like my friends to pray for my cousin Cheryl best friend Melinda. I have known her forever as well. On Sunday morning, her year and a half old daughter drowned in the family pool. Carrie and I went over to work with the children and offer support to adults. While I enjoy counseling and being a help to others, I don't thik I would have the strength to do it fulltime right now. I guess I better understand why Carrie is so drained from work.
Dialysis is the morning has been better. I either have had to get up once or NOT at ALL. I am still not pleased with the staff- they are messy and keep ruining my clothes. They aren't warm and fuzzy. But I have been able to sleep there so who cares. I saw my doctor to address my sleep and anxiety. The sleep has gotten better- but the meds keep in a haze in the morning. I need a jolt of coffee to get me up and out into civilization.
School ended tonight, although I still have a final paper to email in. I would have done it last night but I stopped to see Todd, Kristen and Scott, who were home for a wake. And tonight I went over to Steve's for a movie- "Hide and Seek", which I recommend if you like scary movies. Steve showed me pictures of his daughters and you can tell he takes a lot of prode in being a father. There aren't enough men like that in the world. Well, I have doctor appointments galore coming up: ENT, plastic surgery for my reconstruction I am hoping for, podiatry, dermatology and of course, the kidney folks.
Thankfully though, the tickets to Florida are cheap for November so I am hoping to get down for sure for Homecoming. Instead of rushing back, I think I may stay with friends for a while and arrange for dialysis at a center in Orlando. Yippee!
Detroit is looking to go to sleep - so I guess I should too.
more later...

No comments: