Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Well, the past week has been horrific and I haven't doen anything except to be in the bathroom. I finally broke down and had Carrie take me to the emergency room on Tuesday- I probably waited too long. I guess I was worried that I wasn't going to make it to school, but it really doesn't matter because I had to drop out this part of the quarter anyway. There is another class that starts in October so I'll stay registered for that. I tried so hard and this bug is just so miserable that there is no fighting it. I'm just looking forward to homecoming at this point.

This is the worst time of the night in the hospital. I have already eaten dinner and now I'm hungry again. Yesterday I went twenty five hours without eating anything. By the time I was allowed to eat they decided that I needed to drink a liter of barium for a stomach CT. Then I had to wait 3 hours for them to take me for the test. When I drink the barium, which has been more frequent than anyone deserves, I pretend that it is a pina colada and put it on ice. It kind of has a coconutty texture and smell, okay not really smell, and I chug it down.
It also stinks because there is no one around to socialize with or even to poke and prod me. It is too early to go to bed and there is nothing good on tv. AND of course, I hate the phone! That's why the laptop is so great! more later.

No comments: