Friday, March 17, 2006

Hmmm... for some reason I am getting reports of difficuties getting into the blog. Blogger.com was doing some updates and I am hoping that this is the reason for the problems. I would never prohibit someone from reading the blog- it's an open forum for anyone, as we have seen, to respond. It is a day in the life of one Jill Balboni. If youa re this far, well, you obviously aren't having trouble getting in.

So here we go.

I am takingLDR 3300, or in regular language- Developing your leadership capability. For many of the peers in the class, this is their first class. THis should have been my foundation class but with the screwy Northeastern schedule, it wasn't offered. I guess that I have an advantage then, so I won't complain. At one point tonight I found myself giving a basic management tutorial on how to handle a difficult employee. I apologized to the professor later but he said I had a lot to offer the class dialogue so he wasn't wary. Plus, I have had him before. He had seen me before my transplant and said I looked 100 times better. I told him I felt 100 times better and I was back living again- actually living more than I ever have.Once again I have to reflect and keep a journal- so the blog it is. My professor was impressed, I would say, when he looked last time- that was last July. Oh the entries since then! AND aren't you so pleased that my blog entries are more frequent. I know the Southern Monkey is... all you have to do is google balboniblog and there I am!

Something moved me this afternoon and while I was returning from CVS, the pharmacy I have been going to pre-lung tx, pre-Florida/college, I stopped in the cemetery and paid my respects to my family, especially Bobby. I don't know what motivated me- it's not a usual practice for me or my family, but I felt like I needed to.

I finally met the guy I have been talking to on the phone to for hours. I mean, we have marathon conversations. Last night we chatted for 2.5 hours. A record! I didn't even talk that much in jr. high. We have a date tomorrow but I am keeping the rest on the DL as I don't want to be a jinx. Plus, as we have seen, you never know who is reading, right?

More tomorrow- hopefully some pictures too.

No comments: