Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Below is a letter a received in my email. I have more blog readers than I thought. It was very courageous of Julie to write, despite what might seem like awkwardness, and I feel like I have passed the message on to another, and then she will keep it going. The legacy of organ donation keeps Bobby and Brett alive.

Hi Jill,
I don’t know if this is proper etiquette or not, but I’ve been wanting to write you for some time. My name is Julie Lunn and my brother Corbin played waterpolo at UCLA with Brett. I have been following your amazing story and wonderful progress since December. Again, I don’t know if its “proper” for me to even be writing this – Brett’s wife doesn’t know me, I was one of the hundreds she met only at Brett’s funeral services. The reference you made about Brett and your uncle being the men in your life and the sense of responsibility you feel to them to take care of yourself just really struck me. The tears just popped out upon reading that and haven’t stopped. So Im finally deciding to write. I hope that this is OK and not overstepping any boundaries.

My brother certainly had the utmost respect for Brett as a teammate, leader, and friend. Despite Brett’s tenacious and aggressive play in the water he was a gentle and “good guy” in every sense of the word. He had an amazingly gorgeous physique and a dazzling smile! My college roommate at UCLA back in the early nineties, happened randomly by chance, to be a friend of Brett’s older sister growing up so it was always fun to hear about stories of Brett as a young boy.

I know my entire family still thinks of Brett and his beloved family every day. I want you to know that I think of you as well, and hope that Brett’s kidney continues to live strong for you so that you can go on to pursue all that you hope for.

Again, I hope that I am not overstepping any boundaries by writing to you. I just wanted you to know that from 3,000 miles away, Im feeling incredibly grateful that sometimes the world is a very small place, where miracles do happen, even in the most trying of times. Take good care!

Sincerely,
Julie Lunn

I am living life to the fullest these days, depite some bumps (right, Tambini). I am dating, going to school, looking forward to a vacation (Belfatto's 30th Bday cruise), graduation (again) and who knows what else. For now, though I am looking forward to sleep. Oh yeah- HAPPY MARCH...it is afterall 3:50am as I write this.
More later.

No comments: