Tuesday, September 26, 2006

As usual, I am procrastinating. I am still recovering from the yuck, although some inhaled TOBI does the trick. I actually tested the stuff in the clinical trials about a million years ago in junior high. Much different now. I have been putting together a slide show of my life, for the most part, for the presentation tomorrow. I still don't have the speech down pat. But I have a lot of rambles that I am sure will turn into something viable. In particular, I am focusing on how respiratory therapists can maintain boundaries of professionalism given the intimate nature of the field. I'm hoping I can make them laugh. I actually heard from Susanne Meninger, my most favorite nurse in the whole wide world. It's funny because I have gained so much insight on the topic recollecting my times with her. I also solicited good ol' Betsey, who found me last year as was getting my Kidney. She gave me a lot of perspective on how you have to handle things and how that has changed for her. But some of the patient relationships she's maintained have made her career what it is, nevermind that's how she met her husband. So wish me luck and I'll post my slide show, if I can figure out how to do that after I deliver it.
Until then..

1 comment:

Sus said...

your speech will be enlightening and comical and touching..remember when you spoke at NEMC many years ago? you made quite an impact on many nurses..