Friday, September 01, 2006

HAPPY SEPTEMBER!

The past week has been very busy with medical appointments. I have been at the hospital on the 22nd, the 25th and the 30th. I have had all kinds of radioactive tests, like 19 tubes of blood (which alone could make someone pass out), meetings with doctors and surgeons and social workers. It seems that I may be well on my way to pancreas city. My lungs are in good condition, even though I couldn't do pulmonary function tests given my big fat hernia. I am having surgery on that on October 3rd. My mom is concerned that with such a short time between my surgical repair and flying to Florida for Jessica's shower that I might end up with a blood clot. Right now it's up in the air.
I had my eyes dilated for an opthamology exam, again, part of the pancreas evaluation. They are looking for all of the possible diabetic complications that I might already have sustained. I have yet to see the neurologist, who will be doing the same thing.

Yesterday, Heather and I went with Mandy to Nelson Street Park for a picnic. Nelson Street is right on the ocean. Although it is beautiful, it has become over run with seagulls. They are quite aggressive, more than I expected anyway. We were eating and a seagull swooped down and stole Heather's pickle right off the plate. Mandy got brushed in the head by the bird! Jude and Anne then joined us for some swing time. Jude is adorable and has two teeth growing in. He definitely outweighs Heather by a good 7 pounds now. It was good for Heather to have a play date.

Scott's wedding is fast approaching and I bought a dress this week at Anne Taylor. I really like it, but I am thinking that perhaps someone else might have the same dress. However, I think this kind of thought crosses the mind of most women going to a big event at least once. No one I am convinced however, will have my patent leather peep toe pumps! Shoes are happiness, AREN'T THEY?

More later...

No comments: