Saturday, September 02, 2006

I'm sitting here at Camelot Self storage, waiting for the next hour to pass. I need a nap. I gave Kevin my cup o' noodles when he visited and now, I wish I had another one. I had some of the gnocc (bread with meat in it, an Italian delicacy) my mom brought down but, he ate the rest of that too. I watched Heather here at work while he priced a job and then he waited here to meet some of the prospects for one of his overnight seasonal jobs. He called the people yesterday and left messages, but still no one showed. He hung out here about 2 hours. He can't sit still though. One good thing: he fixed my blow fuse in my car. Since I got it inspected the radio and the clock haven't worked. 2 days without either was rough. It's amazing how something so mundane becomes part of your unconscious routine. My grandparents stopped by today too. They sold their place up here and expect to spend most of their year in Florida, opposed to splitting their time, north and south.
I've been trying to situate my schedule for school. I'm thinking about taking 2 ground courses at Northeastern and one on-line. But financial aid is up in the air and I don't want to get caught behind the 8 ball.
I am trying to get Kevin to work out Heather's schedule, even for next week, but he can't think that far ahead he says. As much as I want to help, I have picked up extra hours at self storage so that I can pay my tuition bills. I have been really working on tracking my expenses. In fact, while browsing Oprah's website, looking again to see if perhaps I might be a worthy guest, I came across the Debt Diet. I found that many of the worksheets will be helpful. My credit score dropped with the bills I inherited post-divorce and then by being out of work with the kidney failure. I am trying to keep my work less than the government level allows so that I don't lose my benefits. I don't think I could manage to work full time. Certainly not going to school and watching Heather, not to mention all of the pancreas testing.

Has anyone mastered the art of multitasking? Please send me some tips? Parenting tips too about how to get Heather to bed before say 10pm.

More later...

No comments: