Sunday, September 24, 2006

Scott and Todd wait for Audrey to walk down
the aisle!



Kristen Galletti, my sister-in-law, takes a photo of me
and I of her on the bus!

Deb and Big D at the Rehearsal Dinner (prior to cocktails)


Well, Scott and Audrey got married and a good time was had by all...as you will see as I get more pictures as the week goes by. Unfortunately, the YUCK has traveled to my puffers and pneumonia is probably a sure thing. I couldn't do my reading because I have no voice and Kristen, my sister-in-law extraordinare subbed for me. I didn't know if I was going to make it to the wedding at all- given that I puked in my mom's Elizabeth Arden Spa bag after I got my hair and make-up done at the Westchester Mall. Nonetheless, I put on my big girl panties, which are, incidentally, my hot-party pants, and went out swinging. I had a great time at the rehearsal dinner and afterwards and my mom blamed my illness on the wedding day on my evening prior- but it just wasn't it. Though it was enough for me not to drink at the wedding... I got a chance to meet some great people- Scott's HBS friends that I ragged on all night, Audrey's cousin and his mom, who has had three (3!) Kidney transplants, and Audrey's brothers and friends who I felt like I knew forever. Todd, believe it or not, made some funnies, during his best man speech. It's the quiet ones you have to worry about you know! Kristin Galletti (Baby Elise's mom) and Dave (the baby's daddy!) sat at my table and had a blast too! The Kingston Fire Chief was burnin' up the dance floor. He may be retired, but you wouldn't know it! All was fine for me until Scott broke out the Cubans and everyone lit up under the tent. The wedding was at a beautiful estate- the Wainright House overlooking the Long Island Sound (?) certainly Rebecca will read this and correct me. Anywho- a lot of laughs, despite the congestion. The best part was coming home to Heather who ran to me and gave me a squeeze and Puppa, who greeted me with a wiggly tail. Kevin was visiting his Dad and doesn't feel well himself, but he would be really stupid not to miss me. I spent most of the evening doing school work that I was supposed to do while I was away (what was I thinking).

No comments: