Saturday, September 30, 2006

Happy News- Congratulations to High School friend Suzanne Fortini and Paul Miraglia on their engagement! Best Wishes and all my best to you! I bet Lena is ecstatic! (That grapevine sure is intact!)


I got a lot of well wishers for my speech and many thoughtful emails inquiring about how it went and the answer is- it didn't.

I have felt miserable and the yuck was in my chest. I was coughing all night and felt too exhausted to drive the two hours. Plus, someone had to watch Heather. So I let them know I had a personal emergency come up and prayed that I wouldn't have to go to the hospital. I've been continuing my TOBI and the cough isn't so wet and gross, no its dry and it has relocated in my sinuses. I went for my pre-op: hernia repair is on Tuesday, and I got the green light. So no worries. I am trying to get some extra sleep when I can.

Since the wedding, I have been inundated with work. I am taking three classes, two are 6 weeks long, which concentrates all the material and assignments. One of which is my masters' project. I am trying to increase awareness of organ donation for people aged 16-21. I made a movie/slide show and I think it is pretty good. I couldn't really figure out how to upload it here or how to do it on myspace. Yes, I hate myspace for multiple reasons, however, it is the most popular medium for my target population so there I am: myspace.com/don8life. I will need suggestions about templates and cool thing to put there, so if anyone has suggestions or technical advice PLEASE HELP!!! I have to get this done by 10/18 when I next have to report on my progress. I am speaking at the new hire orientation on Monday so I have to tweak my movie before then. Thanks to Rebecca to getting pictures to me ASAP and my old Chest PT goddess Betsey who emailed me back in record time!
You know, I don't have many very SICK looking pictures. I mean , I look hideous because of my prednisone moon face, but not what I would have expected given I was just about near death.
Okay, I'm drained! Have a great weekend!

No comments: