Friday, September 08, 2006

CRANK IT UP!!!! I just got a call from the transplant nurse at the Brigham and I am LISTED for a PANCREAS. I am technically status: inactive because I still have some more tests to complete my evaluation, but I am accruing time on the list which is important in deciding who gets what when. I found out that I am one of ONLY FOUR PEOPLE at the transplant center that are waiting. It could be as little as 6 months as many as 12.
Unfortunately, this means I can't travel internationally- so sadly no cruise for Kelbel's 30th. I haven't told Carrie yet, but I just rung up Kelbel to tell her. I am really excited but nervous too. I am trying to capture these feeling in wiriting so I know what t0 talk about during my speaking engagement on the 27th of September. I'm calling it "As I Live and Breathe" just like my blog. Help me with stories, PLEASE, that I can incorporate into my talk.

Please pray for me- this may be my third miracle (how many do you need to be a saint?) and I am trying to keep perspective of all the blessings in my life. Life is amazing. Please pray the person that is walking around right now, perfectly healthy not knowing that in a couple months that life as they will be over and passed on to me- that scares me a little bit but I know that God has a plan.

1 comment:

Sus said...

you know when you were in the hospital it was my job to notice how much you coughed and what you coughed up..I was actually happy when you got stuff up..but I remember that time we went to see "Wayne's World"..remember that? I noticed your cough in the theater and it made me cry later that night..it was so different to hear and see it out in everyday life...