Thursday, July 14, 2005


In search of the perfect pair of jeans...
Today after a delightfully stimulating class on Leading Teams, I ventured to the South Shore Plaza on my way home. I made a rule that I would only go into Filenes, to which I had gift cards left from my birthday. It's always important to set shopping groundrules, lest I shop myself into frenzy. Anyway, my purpose was to find the perfect pairs of jeans: not too long, not too short, just right. After trying 16 pairs on- I walked away with two, neither would classify in the perfect realm so my quest continues, but for now, there pairs fit and are an appropriate length and don't bag on my ass like a diaper. Besides, I had to have something to where on my date on Friday. More about him at a later date. I don't want to jinx it.

ABove is a picture of Dante, my friend Kelli Catani Smith's family dog. He is a giant schnauzer and he is 12. Really a love bug despite his size. He would probably liken Detroit Joe to a chew toy. But I love schnauzers big and small. THE CATANI FAMILY are my special people of the day. Kelli was the only normal one in my dorm suite and we quickly became fast friends, best friends. I have to say she was innocent when she met me and I helped her discover what college life was all about. She loved me despite my illness and took care of me, cut my hair for me, was there through many boys and one little spark plug with blue hair. We managed to convince our parents that we needed an apartment and we moved to the Cricket Club. Kelli has been there through some prety tough times, especially this spring when she visited and I was so ill. Her parents always took me and treated me like I was one of their own. Paige is a great cook and Angelo has taught me so much, an example of what it is to be a dad, not ideal, but what life really is like. Gosh, I am pretty emotional- I guess I should call it a night and snuggle with my own schnauzer.

Until later today, since it is tomorrow.

No comments: