Friday, July 15, 2005

Today was a 6.7. Not so great, colon wise. I wasn't really digesting well, the whole malabsorption/CF thing. Enough said about that. I had to get up twice during the dialysis treatment. I am not sure about the staff on the early shift. There is no cooperation or collaboration. I asked my staff person to unhook me so I wouldn't have an embarassing situation and she told me to hold on- a machine beckoned. However, there were staff putzing around- doing nothing of emergency or great significance. One guy, seeing my pained look of fear as I tried to hold it, you'll have to wait. No, I won't have to wiat, get your ass over here and take care of my needs, so what if I am "assigned" to someone else. Patient care should be priority #1. It is different between shifts. The second shift watches one anothers backs and care for patients is mutual: not mine patient/your patient. I am thinking of using the differences betweens hift as my action project for class. I will be looking at staff satisfaction, employee satisfaction and safety factors. I think I have a fairly good experimental design set up. I love learning and this class lends itself to organizational/ industrial psychology. I know I want to pursue my Ph.D> but in what? Unfortunately, the only I/O programs are in other states- namely Florida, more specifically UCF. I would love to go back, but I don't think the timing is right yet again. Sigh.
I spent the night calculating the cost of tuition to finish the MS Leadership Program in Nonprofit Management at Northeastern University. I applied for financial aid so we'll see how things work out. I might have to pimp out Carrie to pay for school:)
Both doggies got baths today- that was probably the extent of what I did today- other than go to the can. While I was sitting eating dinner (99-takeout), a woman almost drove through my window! She must have hit the gas because she charged over the concrete stop block and hit the bush in front of the house! There are big gashes on the tree. Despite my hostile stomach- I could not resist my temptation for soft serve. I got a small and lopped off the top so it wasn't too bad, okay yes, it was still bad. I find myself giving in to sugar cravings lately, almost like I am pretending not to be diabetic. oops.
My friend Kara (My special person of the day) connected me to Irish Thursdays-a devotional group. Here is a quote that holds particular meaning for me today:

Don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself, each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

I am worried about tomorrow: date night. One would never think that I would be insecure in the dating world, but alas, here I am. This guy seems very nice and I have been talking to him on the phone, despite my disdain for such technology. Wish me luck. Sometimes happiness just finds you- lets hope I am in the right place when happiness shows up.
I think I'll finish Hooker's laundry for her. Its hot- our air is not working and its so humid in here. How ever will I sleep?
until tomorrow...

No comments: