Monday, July 11, 2005


Today was an 8 again. Not too shabby, I think. I was able to do everything I wanted to with minimal pain or effort so that is what qualifies the number. It was a perfect New England summer day and I took the dogs to my mom for a romp in her fenced in yard. Scooter loves the water and my mom hosed him down: Detroit, on the other hand, couldn't get far enough away from the spray. My grandparents visited and when they left my mom and I headed out for Fancy Nails. I was in desperate need of a mani and to have my peds cured, a must in flipflop season. Anywho, I look Ava the Avalon, my trusted coche and the animals back to Chapel Hill prior to going to the salon. AS I was drving up Summer Street, just by the skate park, a busy area for those of you unfamilar with Plymouth, when two adolescents cut out in front of me without looking. I had to jam on my breaks and I yelled out," Did your mother teach you to look both ways!" ( yes, I have become THAT lady (not even that girl, no that LADY)), when lo and behold as I am decelerating the Scooter puppa decides to jump out of the window of my moving car! I am panic stricken and I glance in my rearview to see him transversing the road. Thankfully, because of those despicable children and their poor street crossing manners, the opposite traffic was stopped- otherwise, he would have been poodle dust! There were a group of Harley riders stopped across the street and Scooter scooted over to the ladies who picked him up into the safety of their leatherlined arms. I had to bang a U in heavy traffic and of course all my compatriots on the road thought I was just an asshole driver so no one would let me in. I finally made it to pick him up and said my thanks to the Harley ladues. " Um, you might wanna roll up ya window." (Ya think?) " Yes, I think I'll put on the A/C." and with that my pulse returned to normal. When I got them home to safety, I arrive to the cat's mess she made knocking one of my plants over. Dirt everywhere. Always after I just vacuumed. I got some fresh water and stuck her in Carrie's room. The door needs to be shut anyway because the kitty litter stinks to high heavens! Transplant recipients can not empty kitty litter because the litter carries bacteria harmful to our next to nothing immune systems. Hooker returns tomorrow and can deal with the pets. 3 is way too much for one to handle. For me, right now at least. Like me, these pets are high maintenance. I did some laundry and ate at AuntAurie's house. When I checked the messages I had a couple messages from two different gentlemen. For once, not a collection agency or my mother!

School tomorrow. My wireless router is disabled for some frustrating reason, but I figure I should go to bed rather than worry about it.


No comments: