Sunday, July 10, 2005


Today was an 8. I had dialysis at 6am, and I was able to sleep for the duration of the treatment. I only had to be disconnected once to go to the bathroom. Perhaps this new schedule will work out. I am trying the tips for sleeping posted on earlier dates. I got some decaf tea in my care package from April and I enjoyed a cup of cammomiele mint before bed last night. I am trying to get into a routine for sleeping, going to bed when I feel sleepy and not punishing myself if I am struggling. Last night I slept rather than blogging.
Yesterday I went to visit my friend COURTNEY BUTTNER BRIDGE and her husband GW in their gorgeous new home in Sandwich, just over the bridge. They are my special people for July 8th. I have known Courtney since we were both 6. She has grown into a successful, smart, independent woman. She married GW (Gardiner Winthrop) last September. Seeing them together makes me believe in love again. GW is sincere and good natured, and while I would have never expected him to be Courtney's "type"- I realize that sometimes we are looking for the wrong thing and when we stop looking, love is in front of us. As one of Courtney's longest friends, I was concerned, as I would be with anyone she would choose, with her pick. But seeing how he dotes on her, listens to her (rare for men), and genuinely cares for her, I have no doubt that they make a great partnership. There new house is enormous and beautiful, offering plenty of space to raise a family. I am so happy to have them as friends.
Today was productive. Today's special person has to be my MOM, who went wild cleaning my Chapel Hill abode. I helped too of course, but then I realized that she was just re-cleaning everything that I did. She seems to enjoy cleaning so let her go buck wild! After the frenzy was finished we went to lunch at the Hearth and Kettle, which by the way has fabulous salads. We then did other errands like banking, dropping off money to Mrs. R for wedding attire/picking up the shoes for Mandy's wedding, then we went to my Aunt Deb Gilbert's house to get my bridesmaid's dress fitted. We ordered a big size in case my kidneys left my bloated- however, I am no size 16! So Deb has to take it in to a 6... I guess better to have it too big. Mandy's wedding is July 30th and is going to be quite the event- her mother has put for so much effort and really wants Mandy to have the best day of her life. No detail has been left undone and there are even a few surprises. I am really excited to be a part of it. I am tooling with a toast in my head- for the reception- since they asked if I would do one. I must say, I think I am pretty good with public speaking and I might look into Toastmasters.
To wind up my day, I did another painting. This one of geraniums, seems to capture light and dimension a bit more than the prchids I did last week, which seems to have good color but looks flat. I think I'll look into a class.
I haven't heard from Carrie, besides her post on the blog. I hope she is doing ok. I think it is best for her to be away from the toxicity of Florida- she seems to be more independent in MA. I also think it is great for her to be developing a close relationship with her aunt. She needs a good role model- as we all do- in her family. The dog is being better, but still requires constant supervision. I found him this morning with cat litter all over his face- I dry heaved. It doesn't take much for me to throw up. Even though I am home by myself- I am doing ok and haven't had any medical emergencies (knock on wood). I have been active so that has made me feel better. I am slowly finding things that supprt my mental health, which helps my physical self.

No comments: